How To Detoxify For Spring!
With spring slowly making its way into our lives again, you might be starting to feel a little twinge deep inside you, telling you that it’s time to get your body back to a healthy, fresh, cleansed, and fit state.
We all tend to relax our diet as well as health and fitness regiments during the cold months, and that’s allowed – how are we to get through winter otherwise? But the time has come to get our bodies back on track. Indulgence time is over and restraint is in! Yearly spring detox clears the body of toxins, speeds up metabolism and improves overall health.
No need to worry, we won’t be recommending any starvation diets or hyped up tricks, only the tried and tested methods to naturally and healthily detoxify and refresh us for the fun-filled seasons ahead.
- Start your day with a glass of lemon water – we all know that water is important to drink throughout the day. But to give your day an extra boost add lemon (juice from half a lemon) to your glass of water, it will help to rehydrate and jump-start digestion. This will help flush out waste, toxins, and alkalizes from your body throughout the day.
- Cut down / out sugar – sugar requires insulin for normal absorption, the more you consume the more you strain your system, which in the long term can cause weight gain, fatigue, diabetes, and even cancer. So cutting sugar helps ease stress on your body.
- Exfoliate your skin – brushing and massaging the skin to exfoliate, not only makes your skin look great but also helps to get the toxins out and improve blood circulation. You can try GloMe microdermabrasion device for extra umph when exfoliating.
- Add ginger and garlic to your meals – these 2 herbs help the body get rid of free radicals which is great for the liver.
- Get regular exercise – physical activity tends to improve blood circulation and the lymph system, as a result, your digestion will get better, tension will reduce, and of course, the body will become stronger.
- Eat whole grains not refined grains – whole grains are full of nutrients, antioxidants, and insoluble fiber, which keeps you regular. Refined grains do the complete opposite: it is difficult to digest, can even cause digestive disorders, and cause bowel problems (like constipation), which is not ideal when trying to get rid of waste and toxins.
- Drink Green Tea – it is hydrating which is essential for a drink. But the benefits surely don’t end there: it is full of antioxidants and catechin which improve liver activity and increase the production of detoxification enzymes.
- Go to the sauna – sweating it out is always a good idea, it’s great for getting rid of all the toxins and even losing some extra weight. Sauna is a great addition to a detox regimen.
- Eat lots of dark leafy greens – they are easy to incorporate into your diet: raw, boiled, sauteed, or even blended into a smoothie. The benefits include the elimination of environmental toxins, through a hike in chlorophyll levels in the digestive tract.
- It’s all about the Fresh Fruit – fruits are full of vitamins, antioxidants, fiber, and basically everything that is good for you.